Tuesday, March 2, 2010

03/2/10 OUTFIT POST (A DAY LATE...)

What's the deal, readers?

         This is D. Landry, once again, with another post for the blog. I am doing a lot of things right now, mostly things unrelated to the blog, which takes me away from my mission of making daily posts. For this reason, I apologize for the lack of postings and I hope that in the future, I can have contributing posters that can help me out with other articles, as I will continue posting my outfits.

      Anyway, enough about that! Allow me to post the outfit that I wore on yesterday, the first day of March.

Check it out!!



                   This is a casual outfit that I put together before going out to DEAN's in downtown Houston, Texas. The beauty of this particular outfit is that it possesses a distinct balance between the casual (sweater & jeans) and the formal-esque pieces (the blazer & wool scarf). As many of you know, I am a big fan of the red/white/blue color combination. I forgot to put in the shoes that I wore with the outfit. Here is a picture of them below:


                                    

              These are a pair of Reebok Pumps, made in the likeness of the American flag. I dig them. Does anyone see what I was going for in the creation of this outfit? Good, I knew I could count on you. 
             I lucked out in a big way on the Houston Rockets away cap. It has been a long time since I have seen that hat in person, aside from the pictures on the internet. Surprise, surprise, I didn't buy it from LIDS!! 

The sweater was another thrift store find that I got at Blackbird Clothing on Westheimer. (Who says we Houstonians don't have a sense of fashion?)

CHECK IT OUT:   Houston Rockets New Era -- $34.99 @ champsports.com
                                Scarf -- $Owned by me.
                                Sweater -- $8.00 @ Blackbird Clothing on Westheimer
                                Jeans -- $Owned by me.
                                Blazer -- $Owned by me.
                                Watch -- $70.00 @ nixonnow.com
                                Reebok Pumps -- $54.99 @ sheikshoes.com

Peace

D. Landry


No comments:

Post a Comment