Wednesday, February 10, 2010

02/10/10 POST (DREAM OUTFIT #2)

What's the deal!

It is I, D. Landry, bringing you another WHAT I WORE TODAY post. Whenever I feel I see pieces on the internet, I try to post them on the blog to expose you to a line (or two) that you may not be familiar with seeing in your everyday shopping experience.

For starters, check out this particular STARTER snapback cap:


              Nothing like going with a champion. This is the classic logo that took the world by storm in the 1990's. They were the team that everyone feared and respected. Goes to show where hard work and talent can take you.

              As I was browsing the internet, I decided to go to the website of a line that I admire a lot, paulfrank.com. It is a trendy line that has a great deal of creativity and catchy sayings. Here is a shirt that I found to be cool and yet informative:





            The saying on the shirt is "Stop Wearing Mohawks". 'Nuff said. That hairstyle is definitely over. If you are not a part of the punk rock culture or metal culture, then I would suggest that you get rid of the mohawk. End of story. It is no longer acceptable. ::steps off soapbox::

Okay, back to the clothes. The next piece that I would like to post is from the denim line known the world over: Levi's. To me, there is nothing like a good fitting pair of jeans. I don't sag, so I don't prefer anything too big, ot anything too small (skinny jeans?). Check out the picture below:


               People, there is nothing like a nice fitting pair of jeans. Considering that you are not trying to fit into a particular "fad", this is a proper fit for Levi's. Highly recommended for the man about town.

               Let's move on to the shoes. I prefer the high-top shoe for a couple reasons: a) they have a lot going on in the realm of detail, b) they are cool enough to let the tongue hang, but c) you can always "dress up" a nice looking pair of high tops.

              Consider the following:



             This, my friends, is what I like to call nice! The particular pair of shoes in the above picture is an example of a really solid pair of shoes, by a skate shoe company called SUPRA. This is their dedication to the Valentine's Day holiday coming up this weekend. Red canvas all over, with a white vulcinized bottom for durability, this shoe takes the cake and will be sure turn heads.

Check these prices out:

Bulls Snapback -- $35.00 @ coatofarmsnyc.com
Stop Wearing Mohawks t-shirt --$11.00 @ paulfrank.com
Levi's Black Jeans -- $35.00 @ levi.com
Supra Heartbreakers -- $120.00 @factory413.com

I dig these pieces and I hope you feel the same way. Peace.

D. Landry

No comments:

Post a Comment