Sunday, February 14, 2010

02/14/10 POST (HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, READERS) This long post is my gift to you...

What's goin' on?!

              This is D. Landry, and again, I have been SLACKING on the posts!! Ugh, I always feel guilty because of the fact that I want to stick to my part of the deal (that is, posting everyday). As I feel this guilt, I would hope that you would oblige me by, at least, reading the posts that I put on this delightful blog; however, at the most, I would hope that you guys would take the time out to post comments, in regards to the various posts that I put on here.
              Anywho, to those that have been posting comments and reading the blog, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I really feel that this mission that I have can, and will, be realized with your help.
             So, without any further delay, here is the outfit from Tuesday night (02/08/10):


               This was the outfit that I wore for the DNN show at Dean's in Downtown Houston.. This was a really cool, simple get-up. To all people that are into performance or know anyone that is: you always want something that is going to be simple. Minimal color, unless this plays into the complete mission and purpose of your statement.
               For example, in this particular outfit, I chose to put on a DNN cap, so that I could emphasis that the band is being promoted. It is a custom made piece that I got from the homie, RC (shouts out to him and his clothing line, that is about to drop really soon).
              The next piece is the t-shirt, which is screenprinted with the cover of the debut album of the rapper Snoop Doggy Dogg (now sans Doggy), Doggystyle. (Read this article about this CD to understand ---> DOGGYSTYLE).
              All black seems to be the name of the game for this particular outfit, as is followed by the denim jean choice. All black RVCAs: nuff said.
              These shoes are a newcomer to the blog. They are a pair of limited edition Onitsuka Tiger mid-top shoes. They are wrapped in a nice Native American blanket influenced material. Little known fact about these shoes: every pair is very different on the outside, given that the cloth was taken from one roll. So every pair is truly unique.

Ok, on to the next outfit:

                                      
                This outfit was the one that I wore Friday Morning/Afternoon, when I went to work (NOTE: I had to have my OBEY Jacket on ALL DAY LONG, since I work at a high school. LOL).
                The New Era Fitted in this particular outfit is a newcomer to the blog. It is from a very dope clothing line called 10 DEEP (or X DEEP, depending on the logo placement). It is red, gold, and green on the front panels of the cap, and black all around the fitted. The bill of the cap is red and has the 10XDEEP logo underneath the bill.
                 The t-shirt is one of my most prized t-shirts. It is from a clothing line called T.I.T.S. (or Two In The Shirt). I love it. Beautiful Girls + Big Wealth = Dopeness.
                 These Black Levi Denim jeans are the greatest. If I could buy stock in Levi's, I really would. TODAY!
                 The shoes that I am wearing are a blog favorite. LIL DEZs Nike BIG Quickstrikes. Got LUCKY when I bought these shoes. For real.
 
NEXT!!

                                                   
                   This is a formal outfit that I wore for a mini-performance that I had at Club 410 Main, in downtown Houston. Red and black are the colors of Friday evening. The hat was a gift that I received, in exchange for promoting a hat salesman at the Westheimer Block Party back in October of last year. It is a black straw fedora, with a black and blue hat band.
                    The vest that I decided to wear is the same, versatile J. Crew that I have been wearing for the past few outfits. It is very comfortable and has a tailored feel. For people that choose clothing (especially formal), you want it to FIT CORRECTLY. I can not stress this fact enough. You want to feel comfortable in your clothes and you want to feel that the clothes are as best an expression of oneself, as best can be.
                    The red dress shirt is a oxford made by a fashion brand called Wayne Scott. Very bright and definitely an eyecatcher. The black tie is made by Brooks Brothers. Very well made silk tie. Every male should have a black tie, hands down. No excuses.
                   The pants are grey slacks that blend smoothly into the vest from below.
                    The shoes are a simple black round toe lace up.

                                        

                     This is the outfit that I wore for Saturday morning work at Upward Bound. The cap is a NCAA New Era fitted cap for the Georgetown Hoyas team. It is navy blue with a silver "G" on the front  panels. 
                    The shirt is printed with a image of one of the first front covers of the Wolverine comic series. Really dope t-shirt and they would match very well with the Wolverine Nike Bigs that came out a few months ago. ---> (WOLVERINE)
                   I decided to wear my blue denim Levi's. Very comfortable pants.
        Also, since I decided to not buy the Nike Bigs, I put on the Nike Terminators that are crew sweat material-made. Grey, black, with a blue sole. NICE!!!

Cool ish. Check out the stuff.

Outfit #1 :DNN cap -- $30.00 @ dirtyknowsnasty@gmail.com
               Snoop Dogg shirt-- $19.99 @ slingshottshirts.com
               Onitsuka Tiger Fabre Zarape --  $74.99 @ pickyourshoes.com
              
Outfit #2: 10 DEEP New Era -- $30.00 @ mtvtn.com
                T.I.T.S. Flawless shirt --$19.99 @ shoptits.com

Outfit #3:  Straw Fedora hat -- $FREE
                Black Brooks Brothers Tie -- $75.00 @ brooksbrothers.com
              
Outfitt #4: Georgetown Hoyas New Era -- $31.99 @ lids.com
                 Wolverine shirt -- $24.99
  
Oh yeah!! I forgot the last outfit!!

Check this outfit:


                                             

                     This is, by far, the most complex outfit that I have posted on the blog. I want people to understand that the outfits I chose are a concious effort to buck the system and be outside of the margins for fashion in my demographic.
                      The navy blue cardigan has a Notre Dame leprechaun logo embroidered on the left chest. I have not, nor as of yet, found another like it. I got lots of compliments regarding the cardigan. MANY people asked if I attended the school and I hadn't.
            This is a white oxford shirt, made by Ralph Lauren.
            This is the J. Crew vest.
             I chose to wear a Brooks Brothers bowtie with various blues for stripes.
             Same grey slacks and Nike Terminators.

Peace out.

1 comment: